Baseline Emissions Footprint
Baseline emissions are a record of the greenhouse gases that have been produced in the past and were produced prior to the introduction of any strategies to reduce emissions. Baseline emissions are the reference point against which emissions reduction can be measured.
Baseline Year: 2021
Additional Details relating to the Baseline Emissions calculations.
New baseline is currently being created during the calendar year of 2021, and is calculated based homeworkers, with company laptops, plus the inclusion of heating, lighting, and mileage from personal cars for business meetings.
Brightbox are a paperless office, with no building ownership or rental, and as such, carbon footprint is already very low.
Baseline year emissions:
Current Emissions Reporting
Reporting Year: 2021
Emissions reduction targets
In order to continue our progress to achieving Net Zero, we have adopted the following carbon reduction targets.
We project that carbon emissions will decrease over the next five years to 10.00 tCO2e by 2026. This is a reduction of 31.8%
Carbon Reduction Projects
Completed Carbon Reduction Initiatives
The following environmental management measures and projects are currently being undertaken, and will continue to be in effect when performing the contract.
- Reduction in travel to meetings, favouring the use of technology to support virtual meetings rather than a face-to-face format
- Operating a paperless business
- Hybrid working environment, where workers are predominantly home based
In the future we plan to implement further measures such as:
- Permanent hybrid working to eliminate carbon production from worker commute
- Further reduction in face-to-face business meetings, with the majority being conducted virtually. Where face to face meetings are unavoidable, greener transport methods such as walking, cycling, or travelling together in a vehicle rather than alone, will be prioritised.
- Formal carbon offsetting initiatives are being investigated within the business currently such as tree-planting or a partnership with Carbon Neutral Britain
Declaration and Sign Off
This Carbon Reduction Plan has been completed in accordance with PPN 06/21 and associated guidance and reporting standard for Carbon Reduction Plans.
Emissions have been reported and recorded in accordance with the published reporting standard for Carbon Reduction Plans and the GHG Reporting Protocol corporate standard and uses the appropriate Government emission conversion factors for greenhouse gas company reporting.
Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions have been reported in accordance with SECR requirements, and the required subset of Scope 3 emissions have been reported in accordance with the published reporting standard for Carbon Reduction Plans and the Corporate Value Chain (Scope 3) Standard.
This Carbon Reduction Plan has been reviewed and signed off by the board of directors (or equivalent management body).